How to Perfectly Straighten Your Hair at Home
We know that straightening your hair would be a bit tiresome, especially if you don’t know how to do it successfully. So, no matter how curly, wavy or thick your hair is; we can still do some ways in order to make it straight. You may refer to the tips and suggestions on the succeeding discussions for you to have a perfect shiny and straight hair.
Things to Prepare for Your Hair Straightening Procedures
If you wish to have or create an appealing straight hair, then fret no more! We will guide you on how to achieve your goal very successfully. You can just prepare these things before you start doing the procedures:
- Blow dryer
- Hair serum shine spray
- Wide tooth comb
- Leave-in conditioner
- Heat protection spray
- Oil treatment
- Hair straightener or flat iron
With this particular set of hair grooming tools and products, you can now change your hair from a messy and curly one to a straight and shiny look. Please consider the steps below for the proper procedures:
- Wash your hair and let it dry first. If you plan to straighten your hair, then you have to wash your hair first. The straightening procedures work best once your hair is completely washed, condition and then dried. You have to ensure that your shampoo that you are about to utilize is suitable for the type of your hair. This must be a natural product or an eco-friendly one. Dry your hair with towel, after apply some shampoo and conditioner. Wrap your hair with a clean towel and stay it for about 15 minutes.
- Use an oil treatment. You can also apply an oil treatment before you dry your hair with a blower. This can make your hair softer as you let your hair dry. Take some oil; put it on your finger and distribute it evenly onto your palm. Work it out through the bottom part of your hair. In fact, this product is perfect for dried curly hair.
- Blow-dry your hair. You may utilize a hair blower to completely dry and straighten your hair. When you are doing this procedure, see to it that you start with the hair roots and slowly work through its tips and length. Consistently comb the strands with brush or fingers while utilizing a blow dryer.
- Spray your hair using a product that contains heat protection formula. It is very crucial to apply a heat protection product prior to use a flat iron. This can usually avoid breakage and hair damage from too much heat given by your hairstyling tool. You can opt to buy and use a high quality type of heat protection product so as to achieve a significant healthy hair.
- Section your hair for straightening procedures. As much as possible, try to divide your hair into three sections: bottom, middle and top portion. This is really a must to ensure that there’s a proper management or handling on every section.
- Prepare your hair straightening tool. You can primarily choose a type of flat iron with various temperature settings since it allows you to adjust the plate’s temperature according to the type and condition of your hair. You can adjust it from 250 to 400 degrees based from the thickness and textures of your strands.
- Straighten your hair using a flat iron. Actually, it’s not so much complicated to straighten your hair utilizing a flat iron. However, you need to properly perform to achieve great results. First, you have to take some pieces of hair for about 1-2 inches wide and 0.5 inch thickness. Start the ironing procedures according to the sections that you have just made. Make sure that there’s an even heat produced by the hairstyling tool so that it will not burn your hair.
With the knowledge and ideas on the products and hairstyling tools including the procedures on how to straighten your hair; it is now expected that you can already perform a DIY procedure for your hair. Just follow the procedures above and you can surely have a perfect hair for several occasions.